Monday, November 7, 2022

update

 The presentation went well! I had several people approach me randomly in the hotel after the fact to tell me they enjoyed it and would be checking out The Link. 'Tis awesome. 

And I'm so glad it's over. 

I think I've reached that point in my pregnancy where I'm over it. I'm always feeling full, yet I get hungry every 2 hours or so, I'm always thirsty, and there's no such thing as a comfortable position to sit in unless there are at least two pillows involved (same goes for lying in bed, except make that three pillows). 

Walking hurts (round ligament pains and a baby who likes to hang out in the "bottom of the barrel," as the midwife put it) and just adjusting myself in my chair or rolling over in bed gets me out of breath. I have to sleep in satin so that I can glide when I try to turn over, or else it's pain that feels like my groin is being torn in half. No, I'm not being dramatic. 

I'm ready to go to sleep for the night by 5-6pm (like utterly exhausted) and I'm frequently nauseous, probably because I always feel so overstuffed. I've discovered a ton of stretch marks on my hips and under my boobs (oh yeah, the boob soreness is returning, slowly but surely. Probably milk production). 

What else? I get up to pee at least three times a night, if not more. 

But on the bright side? I get to feel my little jellybean moving throughout the day and night. It's so cool and weird to think that there's a small person inside there...a person who is part me and part Cal. So weird. SO cool. 

We're finally starting to stock up on things that we need for the baby (with ten weeks left before my due date). We've got a crib, a car seat, and a glider (I feel like I may have mentioned this already), a breast pump, some nursing bras, a 5 pack of 0-3 month onesies and a going home outfit in both newborn and 0-3 month sizes. We've got bottles for when I have to go back to work and leave milk with Cal, we've got a couple of potential names (boy and girl names, because the gender will be a surprise) and a few swaddles/a blanket. 

I've asked Cal to assemble the glider when we get back from this trip, because the hotel room has an armchair that makes life infinitely better, lol. I need that at home, too. 

Once November 15th comes and goes, the completion discount on our registry will kick in and we'll be able to start buying some of the things that people haven't bought (because I'm paranoid that no one will buy stuff until it's almost too late - fine, maybe it's nesting kicking in) and we'll get it at a 15% discount. 

I'm thinking to go to Walmart and look at baby clothes there - I've discovered that things are quite cheap indeed at the mart of the wall. We need diapers and wipes, and a baby carrier. I'm still hoping someone will buy that off of the registry, though - that thing is like $80. 

A lot to still be done, but I'm starting to get excited now, and I'm also totally ready to not be uncomfortably pregnant anymore lol. It's only going to get more uncomfortable, unfortunately, leading up to labor as the most uncomfortable...and there's only ten weeks left. Yikes. 

But it'll be worth it... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment